Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HG vs Wigwar
02-24-2020, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2020 02:11 PM by JustTheAleTalking.)
HG vs Wigwar
Have we got a full back who can step up for this one? Two of them down already and it being such a vital position.

Whomever Woolfy puts in at 1,now must be time to see the return of 'Akuila the Thriller' or have they just fallen out with him - and him with them.He did not impress in his few games of last year - but then who did in 2019.

Strong back 3 carries on kick returns has become a vital feature of the game.Not knocking L.Senior,he is improving with every appearance,but needing the strong exit carries puts a huge onus on Jez. Let's see what 'the Thriller' on the other edge can do now, after all he has 2 seasons left on his contract.

Still waiting for Giants TV to upload the HKR game so can't comment on that one. Sounded like the commitment of the forwards was the same as the first two rounds,and that proved good enough at the end of the 80 minutes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2020, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 02:26 PM by JustTheAleTalking.)
RE: HG vs Wigwar
(02-24-2020 02:10 PM)JustTheAleTalking Wrote:  Have we got a full back who can step up for this one? Two of them down already and it being such a vital position.

Whomever Woolfy puts in at 1,now must be time to see the return of 'Akuila the Thriller' or have they just fallen out with him - and him with them.He did not impress in his few games of last year - but then who did in 2019.

Strong back 3 carries on kick returns has become a vital feature of the game.Not knocking L.Senior,he is improving with every appearance,but needing the strong exit carries puts a huge onus on Jez. Let's see what 'the Thriller' on the other edge can do now, after all he has 2 seasons left on his contract.

Still waiting for Giants TV to upload the HKR game so can't comment on that one. Sounded like the commitment of the forwards was the same as the first two rounds,and that proved good enough at the end of the 80 minutes.

Squad -Jez,jardle,jt,gask,sezer,gavet,ao'b,matagi,edwards,jordle,bruno,english,wilson,
murph,ta'ai,clough,holmes,louis,innes,wood,walne.

no darnall,no recall for uate.So assume it's one of the Seniors to fb.

Assuming Uate is fully fit but now just not in the coaches plans anymore, hope he could be persuaded to move on.
02-28-2020, 05:48 PM
in pr4evious seasons you have suffered badly due to injuries.. might be an idea to hang onto a guy like Uate.
03-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Wasn’t expecting that
03-01-2020, 06:04 PM
(02-28-2020 05:48 PM)Cheese Wrote:  in pr4evious seasons you have suffered badly due to injuries.. might be an idea to hang onto a guy like Uate.

Uate needs to return to the back line to provide some much needed experience,as well as the go forward.

Would like to see the Sezer sin bin tackle again,I was sat at the other end but it looked from there as a great read and a required ball n' aller.

The opposition hits on Sezer on his last tackle kicks are getting closer to causing injury, no doubt a ref like J.Child and his oppo in this one the TJ will need to wait until he's crocked before doing anything.
03-02-2020, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2020 07:12 AM by jools.)
akila is only just back running again.

The sezer yellow looked fair enough from where I was sitting and fair play to leuleui for getting up quickly rather than milking it for a red.
Whether he cops a ban will depend on where first contact was. But certainly there looked some contact high, whether it slid up or was direct. No complaints from me for the card. My complaint is they conceded four tries in that 10 minute period and completely went to pieces after being on top for the previous 35 minutes. Let’s hope it’s just one game ban- it’s only saints away which we won’t win anyway!
03-02-2020, 07:35 AM
How your lot looking this season Jools??
03-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Well before yesterday I would ha e said good. Only conceded a handful and an excellent defensive record. But heads went big time yesterday.
03-02-2020, 05:11 PM
(03-02-2020 01:30 PM)jools Wrote:  Well before yesterday I would ha e said good. Only conceded a handful and an excellent defensive record. But heads went big time yesterday.

Cheers for the heads up on Uate,now I can stop banging on about him. Not sure where the best place to get injury info on the Giants is now,seeing as the Examiner seems to have almost abandoned it's coverage of RL.

Seen the Sezer tackle now,first contact was above the shoulder so a definite penalty,but no way was it a malicious hit worthy of a yellow card,but as SW says that is the way the refs react now to a mistimed tackle.

As for the performance overall,maybe the efforts they have put into the first three rounds caught up with them,the way the first try was conceded was telling, a couple of players not in the first contact but nearest the play did not then show the urgency to get involved in the tackle to defend the try line.

Attack structure not evident,but then again with a third choice FB in there probably understandable.

Main positive on a depressing day the continued impressive form of Sui Matagi, looks a total different player this time,much more intense in all he is doing.
03-03-2020, 07:10 AM
(03-02-2020 05:11 PM)JustTheAleTalking Wrote:  
(03-02-2020 01:30 PM)jools Wrote:  Well before yesterday I would ha e said good. Only conceded a handful and an excellent defensive record. But heads went big time yesterday.

Cheers for the heads up on Uate,now I can stop banging on about him. Not sure where the best place to get injury info on the Giants is now,seeing as the Examiner seems to have almost abandoned it's coverage of RL.

Seen the Sezer tackle now,first contact was above the shoulder so a definite penalty,but no way was it a malicious hit worthy of a yellow card,but as SW says that is the way the refs react now to a mistimed tackle.

As for the performance overall,maybe the efforts they have put into the first three rounds caught up with them,the way the first try was conceded was telling, a couple of players not in the first contact but nearest the play did not then show the urgency to get involved in the tackle to defend the try line.

Attack structure not evident,but then again with a third choice FB in there probably understandable.

Main positive on a depressing day the continued impressive form of Sui Matagi, looks a total different player this time,much more intense in all he is doing.

I haven’t seen the replay of the tackle- but the notes from the disciplinary hearing says initial contact was ball and chest not above shoulder. Which will probably be why no ban was given.
For me the issue was woolford giving the players four days off. A few went off to Tenerife for a few days. Sent out the wrong message for me. It was like he was saying well done lads you’ve reached where you need to be no need to keep working hard.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)