Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saints v Catalan
02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: Saints v Catalan
saint...wellens looks to have aged around 10 years in his legs during the off season, just like senior did last season!

why doesnt simmons play hohaia or makinson at full back?!

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't know. I don't think Makinson's ready to take the number 1 on full-time just yet, and I think he's looking to establish Hohaia and Lomax together (although they've only played together once this year, and Gaskell was our best player last night). Plus, where do you fit Wellens in? Do you drop him completely, move him into the centres, can't see him making loose/second-row either?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-25-2012, 02:12 PM
(02-24-2012 10:43 PM)wolfie Wrote:  
(02-24-2012 05:07 PM)billie joe Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 08:36 AM)LeedsBarmyArmy Wrote:  Catalan for me!

Nah LBA,trust me mate we will do them no worries.

You wanna rephrase that?

Nobody's perfect Jen lol.

Well played Catalans though,Saints defence needs sorting big time.
02-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Shocking defence last Simmons got the bench wrong and his interchanges Saints have the woprst props in the leauge and why no Dixon?
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
(02-25-2012 02:45 PM)sherlock1 Wrote:  Shocking defence last Simmons got the bench wrong and his interchanges Saints have the woprst props in the leauge and why no Dixon?

Dixon is probably our best forward at the moment and he decides to play Flannery instead.

We have a rotation policy at the moment but get bloody rid of it,drop Foster and Flannery and bring Dixon back in and Gardner(never thought I would say that) back in the team.
02-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Saints v Catalan
(02-25-2012 02:54 PM)billie joe Wrote:  
(02-25-2012 02:45 PM)sherlock1 Wrote:  Shocking defence last Simmons got the bench wrong and his interchanges Saints have the woprst props in the leauge and why no Dixon?

Dixon is probably our best forward at the moment and he decides to play Flannery instead.

We have a rotation policy at the moment but get bloody rid of it,drop Foster and Flannery and bring Dixon back in and Gardner(never thought I would say that) back in the team.

I haven't got an issue with a bit of rotation if players have bad games and someone else can do better then them. If that's the case then foster shouldn't be seen for a few weeks!
02-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes Gat I agree but last night's display was poor and Foster is a liability also Wellens should be dropped and put Lance at FB.
02-25-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 04:35 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
I agree with rotation to an extent. I think any coach should have a firm idea of his best XIII; and should perhaps look to rotate the bench, rather than his starting line-up. If you're going to rotate, you don't do it for a game of this magnitude either, for mine, you should be going out with your best possible side, and Dixon is in that for mine, Flannery is not.

Foster needs to go on the right wing, now. I know much has been made of the Meli (or Wheeler)-Foster combination in attack down the left, but is it really that significant? Is it so significant that one would be willing to sacrifice a tight defence to keep him out there? I don't think so; I think you could put Makinson out there, who tackles his balls off and knows how to defend, and he could well easily form a formidable partnership with the left centre, or at least, easily do the job Foster does out there in offence. Stick Foster outside Shenton for defensive purposes. Yes, we may not see him score quite as many tries, but how many has he got this year? Not many to justify this argument. For me, he's a goal-kicking token who is a decent little finisher ('little' being the operative word in terms of how much he does). This is fine, don't get me wrong, but if you're going to chose to attack down the left, then you could easily get the same amount, if not more joy with Makinson as the strike winger.

Wellens is getting on, yes, and while I don't quite agree with getting on his back, so to speak, I think it is time for him to move out of the fullback role. I think he had a decent game last night, and while I am in agreement of keeping Lomaskell together, and perhaps as a result moving Hohaia to fullback (with Makinson still as the understudy), where do you accommodate Wellens? Left centre perhaps, to sure it up defensively?

Simmons has got options, let's hope he can start exercising them more effectively so we can start getting more confidence back into our D. Simmons is still our man.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
hohaiai said he was promised a half back spot and thats why he signed.
02-25-2012, 06:11 PM
foster will not make it at super league...

he might have the most pointy quif in super league and kick the odd goal...

but he seems to be unable to understand the basics of man marking, preferring instead to mark everyone else's man, now maybe this kid likes the odd threesome but he's certainly leaving his opposition winger wide open..

schoolboy stuff

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)