Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire's elastic cap trick ?
12-27-2010, 01:20 PM
RE: Wire's elastic cap trick ?
Do you think Hicks is covered by that clause Yed ?

If so how you account for the blatant lies stated by Wire / Hicks re his supposed retirement ?

I once remember a club being taken to the cleaners for acting against the spirit of the cap Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
(12-27-2010 01:20 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Do you think Hicks is covered by that clause Yed ?

If so how you account for the blatant lies stated by Wire / Hicks re his supposed retirement ?

I once remember a club being taken to the cleaners for acting against the spirit of the cap Wink

First phrase that came to mind was "spirit of the cap".
I guess getting punished for NOT breaking the rules only applies to Wigan.

Warrington Wolves the Superleagues answer to Melbourne Storm............ Only without the success.

Wigan 'til I die!
12-29-2010, 06:36 PM
First of all this is rich coming from a Wigan fan who's team broke the salery cap year on year but we'll not dwel on that Dodgy

Secondly the cap is currently live running throughout the year meaning the powers that be are/should be well on top of who's spending what and if any rule breaks have occurred then I'm sure they will be punished accordingly. No punishments have been given out so I can only presume no rules have been broken.

Your simply suggesting that not all money is declared on the cap, has this not always gone on ?? along with paying the player "extra" in sponsorship, of setting money when they leave, giving them a place to live, setting up bank accounts.

This as always gone on and until the rules are properly scrutinised or indeed proven then what will be will be, you just going to have to put up with it and if any fines are given out then I'm sure they'll be justified.
12-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Cinnamon I take it Melbourne Storm passed you by Smile Fans saying ah but the cap is live need to think more carefully. The regulations cover everything beyond simply salary payments. "Extras" beyond the bare minimum as permitted by the rules are not allowed. If it took the NRL 5 years and an inhouse mistake to uncover Melbourne Storm then does anybody truly expect the RFL to be able to uncover salary cap cheating.

Wigan were very upfront about what they did. They did not hide it because they argued it was okay. The RFL threw the against the spirit of the cap stance which begs the question and one that no Wire fan / warrington official has been able to explain. How can a club / player publically lie about a player intending to retire so can you tear the 1 year up on my contract and then do the complete opposite not be against the spirit of the cap and indeed worse than anything Wigan ever did because Wire are willing to lie about it.

Wigan were too honest Smile then again Wigan never used overseas tax free loopholes either unlike certain clubs COUGH COUGH Wire.

If somebody finds me a Wire supporter who honestly believes a player pretends he wants to retire and give up a years salary carte blanche and then continues playing RL then I will lead the call to reopen Winnick as they may have their first patient.
12-30-2010, 08:40 PM
(12-30-2010 04:46 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Cinnamon I take it Melbourne Storm passed you by Smile Fans saying ah but the cap is live need to think more carefully. The regulations cover everything beyond simply salary payments. "Extras" beyond the bare minimum as permitted by the rules are not allowed. If it took the NRL 5 years and an inhouse mistake to uncover Melbourne Storm then does anybody truly expect the RFL to be able to uncover salary cap cheating.

Wigan were very upfront about what they did. They did not hide it because they argued it was okay. The RFL threw the against the spirit of the cap stance which begs the question and one that no Wire fan / warrington official has been able to explain. How can a club / player publically lie about a player intending to retire so can you tear the 1 year up on my contract and then do the complete opposite not be against the spirit of the cap and indeed worse than anything Wigan ever did because Wire are willing to lie about it.

Wigan were too honest Smile then again Wigan never used overseas tax free loopholes either unlike certain clubs COUGH COUGH Wire.

If somebody finds me a Wire supporter who honestly believes a player pretends he wants to retire and give up a years salary carte blanche and then continues playing RL then I will lead the call to reopen Winnick as they may have their first patient.

It's unlikely but possible there was a clause in the contract or a start date on it, January 1st for example. I'm not suggesting Wire are completely innocent as I think something has gone on somewere or it's very very possible that Hicks has indeed decided to terminate his contract as he had another offer from Parramatta on the table and as Monaghan was available it was best for all parties, plus his wife wasn't happy in England that is a known fact.

Plenty of people have retired from the Wire only to play for another club in... Darren Burns, Andrew Gee, Jerome Guesset to name a few but I'm doubting those players signed a deal.

If we have broke rules then we deserved to be punished be it next year or 2015 we deserve it but somehow doubt we have.
12-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Cinnamon I think every club in SL has broken the rules at some point in time. I think Moran has been sticking 2 fingers up at the RFL for a long time. I hope I am wrong because if it ever was proven then it would leave a gaping hole in the reputation of RL with recent Challenge Cup successes being rendered null and void.

Personally I would just get rid of the salary cap. If Simon Moran wants to spend his money on bringing success to Warrington then awesome, more power to him. Better players = A better standard of RL
02-21-2011, 07:41 PM
(12-30-2010 08:40 PM)Cinnamon Brow Wolvesfan Wrote:  [quote='CPWigan' pid='4279' dateline='1293727619']
Cinnamon I take it Melbourne Storm passed you by Smile Fans saying ah but the cap is live need to think more carefully. The regulations cover everything beyond simply salary payments. "Extras" beyond the bare minimum as permitted by the rules are not allowed. If it took the NRL 5 years and an inhouse mistake to uncover Melbourne Storm then does anybody truly expect the RFL to be able to uncover salary cap cheating.

It's unlikely but possible there was a clause in the contract or a start date on it, January 1st for example. I'm not suggesting Wire are completely innocent as I think something has gone on somewere or it's very very possible that Hicks has indeed decided to terminate his contract as he had another offer from Parramatta on the table and as Monaghan was available it was best for all parties, plus his wife wasn't happy in England that is a known fact.

Plenty of people have retired from the Wire only to play for another club in... Darren Burns, Andrew Gee, Jerome Guesset to name a few but I'm doubting those players signed a deal.

If we have broke rules then we deserved to be punished be it next year or 2015 we deserve it but somehow doubt we have.
[/

Wigan speccies just can't stand to see Warrington winning anything, why not enjoy your own success and stop finding fault with others.
02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
(02-21-2011 07:41 PM)Tezzerwolf Wrote:  Wigan speccies just can't stand to see Warrington winning anything, why not enjoy your own success and stop finding fault with others.

Its not like that Tezzer. Wigan weren't found guilty of breaching the Salary Cap, but breaking 'the spirit' of the salary cap. A subjective decision at best. But we paid the price. Even now, we are pilloried by Castleford fans ignorant of the full facts and in complete denial that their own dealings were less than perfect.

So you will understand our concern at the thought of another club 'beating the system,!
02-21-2011, 11:30 PM
(02-21-2011 08:58 PM)Mary Hinge Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 07:41 PM)Tezzerwolf Wrote:  Wigan speccies just can't stand to see Warrington winning anything, why not enjoy your own success and stop finding fault with others.

Its not like that Tezzer. Wigan weren't found guilty of breaching the Salary Cap, but breaking 'the spirit' of the salary cap. A subjective decision at best. But we paid the price. Even now, we are pilloried by Castleford fans ignorant of the full facts and in complete denial that their own dealings were less than perfect.

So you will understand our concern at the thought of another club 'beating the system,!

This is pure speculation all clubs are audited and IF Warrington have broken the rules then by all means have a go. But it's a bit rich coming from a club who had a player, Steve Renouf who was funded by a private individual.[/u]
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Tongue RE: Wire's elastic cap trick ?
All this coming from the Grandfathers of bending the salary rules in the modern game. Still buying players a knock down prices but paying their spouses a mega salary as cleaners, office staff etc etc? Shut up and sit down.
Blush

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)