Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire's elastic cap trick ?
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Wire's elastic cap trick ?
Well well well

Hick retires to give a dog molesting player his spot out of the kindness of his heart. Anybody else think a cheque from Moran into his account persuaded him to make room for barking mad?

IMO, Wire are the biggest cheats as far as the salary cap is concerned

As for barking mad. I am not convinced he is anything special on the RL pitch other than his uique leisure activities. 2 or 3 years ago he was at his peak. Now he is on a downward slide. Far better centre than winger IMO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
RE: Wire's elastic cap trick ?
(12-03-2010 07:08 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Well well well

Hick retires to give a dog molesting player his spot out of the kindness of his heart. Anybody else think a cheque from Moran into his account persuaded him to make room for barking mad?

IMO, Wire are the biggest cheats as far as the salary cap is concerned

As for barking mad. I am not convinced he is anything special on the RL pitch other than his uique leisure activities. 2 or 3 years ago he was at his peak. Now he is on a downward slide. Far better centre than winger IMO.

If Hicks is off the cap through retirement, how are Wire cheats?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
12-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Dear oh dear. Saint think. A player has a contract and is quite happy at the club having been there some time. Player X becomes available. Do you honestly think that player is then going to knock on Tony Smith's door and say Tony there is a far better player than myself available therefore, for the greater good of the club I want you to tear my contract up and I will happily lose 60K.

Whatever your salary cap accounts says it does not mean you are above board. Melbourne?

Hicks has been or will be paid off. That money still counts on the cap or should do. It will not because the payment is being concealed. We know that because Monaghan is now registered. Do you honestly believe Saints that any player would simply give up his own lucrative contract to allow somebody to take his place?
12-04-2010, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2010 07:27 AM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
(12-03-2010 09:09 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Dear oh dear. Saint think. A player has a contract and is quite happy at the club having been there some time. Player X becomes available. Do you honestly think that player is then going to knock on Tony Smith's door and say Tony there is a far better player than myself available therefore, for the greater good of the club I want you to tear my contract up and I will happily lose 60K.

Whatever your salary cap accounts says it does not mean you are above board. Melbourne?

Hicks has been or will be paid off. That money still counts on the cap or should do. It will not because the payment is being concealed. We know that because Monaghan is now registered. Do you honestly believe Saints that any player would simply give up his own lucrative contract to allow somebody to take his place?

Oh, yeah, fair enough. I was just thinking that it's not Wire bending the system, it's just that they're stupid enough to pay him off.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
12-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Most salary cap cheating is done off the books Saint

IMO Saints adhere to the cap and you see what adhering to the cap means in that year on year you have to let big name big earning players go. However, Wire do not do so. They retain young players now and still improve their squad. Normally you have to one or the other if you are above board.
12-05-2010, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2010 02:19 AM by StevenLBRL.)
what i want to know is... why do warrington need another back?

they could have coped perfectly without monaghan AND hicks.

i only say this because quins are lacking in backs, we dont even have a proper backline!

LONDON BRONCOS RL

STILL FIGHTING ON
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
(12-05-2010 02:19 AM)GMO Wrote:  what i want to know is... why do warrington need another back?

they could have coped perfectly without monaghan AND hicks.

i only say this because quins are lacking in backs, we dont even have a proper backline!

It certainly does not bode well for our International Team. Whether you rate them or not one feels Bridge / Atkins / Riley will be the player under the most pressure and 1 will get pushed out.

Quins might get a win from the signing GMO Wink
12-08-2010, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 10:57 PM by ali.)
(12-04-2010 07:23 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  
(12-03-2010 09:09 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Dear oh dear. Saint think. A player has a contract and is quite happy at the club having been there some time. Player X becomes available. Do you honestly think that player is then going to knock on Tony Smith's door and say Tony there is a far better player than myself available therefore, for the greater good of the club I want you to tear my contract up and I will happily lose 60K.

Oh, yeah, fair enough. I was just thinking that it's not Wire bending the system, it's just that they're stupid enough to pay him off.
12-12-2010, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2010 05:55 PM by CPWigan.)
Even Wire fans think Hicks was paid off. Why can the RFL not see it Smile

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/wolv...Australia/

Seems really strange, still has games left in him, had returned to the UK and started pre-season training, sent his passport off to renew his visa, then retires and is now considering offers to continue in Aus.

Paid off by wolves to get Joel In?

Post subject: Re: Chris Hicks considering offers to play in Australia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 pm
Wirral Wire

Looks like it

I don't see a problem. Good luck to him. Everyone is happy.
12-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Quote:6.1.2 Where the proposed transaction is the termination of a Playing Contract with one of the Club’s existing Players, as part of which the Club proposes to make a new payment (in a lump sum or in instalments) to the Player that was not provided for in his Playing Contract or other arrangements (and therefore was not previously included in the calculation of his Salary Cap Value) (the “Termination Payment”), then the information provided to the RSCM must include a proposed compromise agreement between the Player and the Club (in the form of the RFL’s standard compromise agreement as drafted from time to time) setting out full details of the agreement reached, including full details of the Termination Payment. If termination in such circumstances is approved by the RSCM, the Player’s original Salary Cap Value shall thereafter be disregarded for purposes of calculating the Club’s Aggregate First Tier Liability and/or Aggregate Second Tier Liability. However, save where Clauses 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 applies, the Club shall retain a Salary Cap Value for that Player for the remainder of the term of his old Playing Contract, being the Gross value of the Termination Payment, spread on a pro rata basis over the remaining term of the Playing Contract, notwithstanding that the Player may no longer be registered to play with the Club.

6.1.4 Where the proposed transaction is a termination of a Playing Contract in accordance with Clause 6.1.2, but in circumstances where such termination takes place prior to the first Salary Cap Relevant Match of the relevant Salary Cap Year, provided such termination is approved by the RSCM, the Player’s original Salary Cap Value shall thereafter be disregarded for purposes of calculating the Club’s Aggregate First Tier and/or Aggregate Second Tier Liability.

rule 6.1.2 says that unless 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 apply then any termination payment made to Hicks would count against the salary cap. However 6.1.4 does say that if that payment is made before the player has played a game during that salary cap period then no charge is made on the salary cap in relation to the termination payment or the player.

I don't believe they have played a match this season and therefore any payment made to Hicks in agreement of him retiring is outside of the salary cap.

Not cheating and perfectly within the rules, they can be quite open if they want about paying him off nothing will happen, it just means they have paid out a years salary to someone for nothing.

Everyone's a winner, Hicks free money and Monas gets a job and hopefully Wire are stronger. Only one losing out is Moran and i'm sure he'll be fine.

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)