Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fuel strikes
03-29-2012, 10:37 PM
RE: Fuel strikes
(03-29-2012 07:49 PM)Derbysi Wrote:  You're quite right mate, we should all welcome the fact that they are going out on strike. And the same goes for anyone else who is unhappy within their job. Just down tools and bollocks to the knock-on effects. Good on em!

The knock on effects of a strike probably wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of people in this country are so damn stupid.

At the moment people have managed to create a crisis out of nothing. As it stands there will be no strike and no shortages, yet people have gone out en masse to fill up their cars and have created one.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mpk2nlynBF1s49387.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Fuel strikes
Even then though that was about 10 (?) years ago and there have been a number of threatened and failed strikes since.

I think the governments response initially made things worse than they needed to be.
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Fuel strikes
People are strange folk! I have just been to tesco in Warrington - no queues for fuel. Then go past asda a mile or so up the road and massive queues!
03-30-2012, 10:57 AM
(03-30-2012 10:00 AM)wolfie Wrote:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yor...e-17560534

something that need not have happened if people werent scared

What an idiot!

[Image: giphy.gif]
LeedsLeedsLeedsHeart
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
i notice she lives in acomb....chav central....!

what an idiot!

Challenge Cup Winners 2014 Big Grin
03-30-2012, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 11:09 AM by sinkers89.)
Minister Francis Maude, is that egg on your face?

o an what idiot opens a petrol tank in a kitchen with the oven or what ever on. *facepalm*

FUCK SAKE, FAZ!!
03-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Potentially its a big problem in my area. Due to the lack of funding for public transport it is essential to be self sufficient when the nearest station is ten miles away and the nearest(infrequent) bus service is 2 miles away. People need transport for all sorts of reasons as local facilities get closed and everything becomes centralised.Nobody makes unplanned journeys without killing several birds with the one stone.
Driving 8 miles to a petrol station to find its run out of fuel is not very satisfactory. I feel very sorry for those people who have to make journeys to schools, hospitals,work etc and in rural areas I feel that special arrangements should be made for those who have essential needs.
at the moment the lack of any clarity is worrying.
03-30-2012, 11:42 AM
(03-30-2012 11:36 AM)wolfie Wrote:  Just said on the news, no strikes before or after easter

Which was the most likely outcome anyway. Obviously the government made things 10 times worse by saying people needed to fill up and mentioning jerrycans but you would expect people to use their brains, or their eyes, or their ears, or perhaps (despite the stick that they've been getting over using this word) common sense!

[Image: tumblr_inline_mpk2nlynBF1s49387.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2012, 11:47 AM
lol so no strikes until a week on monday at the earliest......idiots.

Challenge Cup Winners 2014 Big Grin
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
(03-30-2012 11:47 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  lol so no strikes until a week on monday at the earliest......idiots.

This is certainly one news story that I am totally sick of. You would think there was nothing else going on in the world at the moment.
If the 'Unite' petrol tanker drivers strike they must give 7 days notice. If they do strike, maybe they should be sacked ...... that would teach them especially as they are the highest paid delivery drivers in the UK by a country mile.
As for the foolish politician who encouraged people to fill up their cars and use jerry cans ....he should resign......simple!
End of.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)