Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE OLYMPIC THREAD!
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Big Grin THE OLYMPIC THREAD!
Ok, its less than a month to the games. The qualifiers are underway, so thought it might be a good time to start this.

What are hopes and expectations?

Favourite events?

Favourite athletes?

Sexiest man/woman at the games?

Cost or profit to the UK or just London?

Anything at all.......

I like the obvious ones like the 100m sprint, 200m sprint and the beach volleyball. I am looking forward to th GB football team and jessica ennes obviously. Mo Farah is excellent and of course the cyclists and sailors and rowers look very strong.
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: THE OLYMPIC THREAD!
Hope it flops
07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
THE OLYMPIC THREAD!
I'm looking forward to watching it, would have loved to go to some events
07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
cash cow
07-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Im looking forward to seeing the opening ceremony and the 100m Sprint Final, maybe the indoor cycling and the diving. Other than those events I wont be watching any of it.
The games will deliver a profit to the UK but mainly the London economy

2012 - Newcomer of the year
2013 - Best User Name and current holder of the SLFer Of The Year award
07-02-2012, 03:42 PM
i'll watch it of its on, I enjoy the veodrome cycling and the athletics, dont think i'll sit around watching weightlifting or friggin archery though.
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
9.3 billion sterlings paying for shitloads of foreign labour leaving a series of white elephants in europes crime and gang capital.
whoopy fuckin doo.
07-02-2012, 05:02 PM
(07-02-2012 03:51 PM)Chester Wednesday Wrote:  9.3 billion sterlings paying for shitloads of foreign labour leaving a series of white elephants in europes crime and gang capital.
whoopy fuckin doo.

But which events do you like?
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
watch mens track events. See how Jess gets on & there is a bird who does the pole vault (or used to), Swedish piece well worth a look.
07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Il mainly be watching kenny and hoy in the cycling, most of the track events, namely farah, blake and ofcourse the love of my life..... Ennis!

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)