Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
old shirt
07-30-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: old shirt
(07-30-2012 04:30 PM)Wolfie Smith Wrote:  Hi oldwolf , I think Baz has answered his own question with his extra bit of information. He means the Vladivar sponsored shirt that we wore around 87-89 before the Greenalls sponsored primrose with narrow blue bands we wore at Wembley in 1990. I am pretty sure this is about right as I know we had the Sparkomatic primrose and blue hoop on white shirt in the 1986 Championship final against Halifax when Sir Les was playing. All this is from memory as I can't be bothered digging out my old programmes , and I admit the memory isn't brilliant as I went a lot of Rugby games in the 80's but I also drank a lot of alcohol at that time.
On a different note with the mention of Dessie, after recent whinges on Sky over shoulder barges how would they react now to the Dessie special exocet tackle , head first into the opponents chest and making a last token grasp with the arms as the opponent flies backwards into the stands - happy days !
Hi Wolfie Smith as my wife and my two younger nieces plus the rest of the females present there last night were drooling over Des - those exocet tackles haven't spoiled his good looks and he still looks as fit as ever- we couldn't work out just how old Dessie is ? - although he could easily pass for being in his thirties!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: old shirt
(07-30-2012 04:30 PM)Wolfie Smith Wrote:  Hi oldwolf , I think Baz has answered his own question with his extra bit of information. He means the Vladivar sponsored shirt that we wore around 87-89 before the Greenalls sponsored primrose with narrow blue bands we wore at Wembley in 1990. I am pretty sure this is about right as I know we had the Sparkomatic primrose and blue hoop on white shirt in the 1986 Championship final against Halifax when Sir Les was playing. All this is from memory as I can't be bothered digging out my old programmes , and I admit the memory isn't brilliant as I went a lot of Rugby games in the 80's but I also drank a lot of alcohol at that time.
On a different note with the mention of Dessie, after recent whinges on Sky over shoulder barges how would they react now to the Dessie special exocet tackle , head first into the opponents chest and making a last token grasp with the arms as the opponent flies backwards into the stands - happy days !

Hi Wolfie,funny you should mention Dessie's tackles,I only commented on this to my brother on Sun as Des and the others were passing us.I remember the right winger of Cas ,I think ,bearing down on Des like a train wnen Des hit him so hard he was lifted off his feet and ended up 3 yds further back.I also recollect Les Boyd standing on the centre circle prior to KO and pointing his finger at the opposing pack,no words needed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)