Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Resting players?
08-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Resting players?
Warrington have left out first teamers including Brett Hodgson, Lee Briers and Ben Westwood for Friday's visit to London.

It will be the first of two consecutive trips to the capital for Tony Smith's men, as they face Leeds in the Challenge Cup final on Saturday week.

Following back-to-back wins over St Helens and Wigan, Tony Smith has also left out Joel Monaghan, Garreth Carvell and Ben Harrison.

He does, however, welcome back winger Rhys Williams following a loan spell at Castleford, and Ben Currie, who has recently been touring Australia with the England academy.

The Broncos, who climbed off the bottom of the Super League table with a win over Castleford last week, welcome back Michael Robertson and Will Lovell from injury and illness.

London 19-man squad: Bailey, Bolger, Bryant, Caro, Clubb, Dixon, Dorn, Gower, Howell, Kaufusi, Krasniqi, Lovell, Melling, O'Callaghan, Randall, Rinaldi, Robertson, Wheeldon, Witt.

Warrington 19-man squad: Atkins, Blythe, Bridge, Cooper, Currie, Evans, Grix, Higham, Hill, McCarthy, Monaghan, Morley, Myler, Ratchford, Riley, Solomona, Waterhouse, Williams, Wood.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_9916...ondon.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Resting players?
come on london
08-15-2012, 06:45 PM
They've rested some important players but they should still have more than enough to play London off the park. It's great to see Currie getting more chances. He was one of the few really good players for the England Academy side. He's the next Gareth Ellis, potentially better, so it's good to see him getting a chance to play alongside some good experienced forwards.
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I dont have a problem with teams resting players. They have to submit a first team squad and any team picked from that is a "first team" so to speak.

This shite we sometimes hear about it disrespecting the competition is a load of crap. What about the teams out of play off contention who are left with nothing to play for. They experiment for the last few games by changing players about so why cant teams "rest" players?
08-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Leeds will hopefully do the same!!

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
08-15-2012, 09:24 PM
No problem at all. They can pick whoever they want
08-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Resting players?
Looks like that back fired!

LeedsLeedsLeedsHeart
08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Shhhhhh! We havent played yet!
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Resting players?
Didn't we lose to London the week before last years CC final? Smile

LeedsLeedsLeedsHeart
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Serves Wire right, they showed a big lack of respect. Hope they're that shit against us. Well played London though, who also had 5 first choice players missing.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)