• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warrington Wolves v Hull FC
09-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Bug Warrington Wolves v Hull FC
Stobart Super League preliminary semi-final

Venue: Halliwell Jones Stadium
Date: Saturday, 22 September
Kick-off: 18:45 BST

Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio Merseyside, BBC Radio Manchester and BBC Radio Humberside; score updates on BBC Sport website

Back row forward Ben Westwood is again missing for Warrington, as he continues his recovery from a knee injury.

Westwood has not played for the Wire, who were beaten by St Helens last weekend, since their Challenge Cup victory at Wembley on 25 August.

Hull FC will be without Danny Tickle and Sam Moa because of bicep injuries.

Moa, who is leaving at the end of the season, had hoped to make a surprise return but now looks certain to have played his last game for the club.

VIEW FROM THE TRAINING GROUND

Warrington Wolves coach Tony Smith told BBC Radio Merseyside:

"I thought our defence was good against St Helens, but we just lacked a bit of composure at time or over-played.

"Hull have been terrific over the last few weeks. After their game at Widnes, which wasn't so good, they've really come into line.

"Sometimes a bit of adversity like that can kick you into gear and it certainly seems to have done so with them.

"They've also got a bit of depth and they're finding a bit of form now."

Hull FC coach Peter Gentle told BBC Radio Humberside:

"Sam Moa was rushing to try and get back but it hasn't happened so he's played his last game for us. His legacy here is terrific.

"We've been consistent in terms of team selection over the last couple of games which is handy.

"There's plenty of excitement around but the lads are relaxed and there's no pressure on us whatsoever."

SATURDAY'S SQUADS

Warrington (from): Atkins, Bridge, Briers, Cooper, Grix, Harrison, Higham, Hill, Hodgson, McCarthy, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan, Morley, Myler, Ratchford, Riley, Solomona, Waterhouse, Wood.

Hull FC (from): Aspinwall, Bowden, Briscoe, Crooks, Foster, Green, Heremaia, Horne, Houghton, Lynch, Manu, O'Meley, Pitts, Seymour, Sharp, Turner, Watts, Westerman, Yeaman

Bookies have Wire @ 1/5 and Hull @ 7/2 or 4/1

I'm too cool to have a signature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC
I sense tonights game will be very interesting. I just have a sneaky feeling that Hull will surprise many and provide a shock. Notwithstanding, looking at the current form of the remaining pretenders, my money would go on Saints to break their Grand final hoodoo and finally win at Old Trafford on 6th October ........ whoever they play!!
09-22-2012, 06:00 PM
The crowd is a joke. I would've gone tonight had I not been working till 630, but wire fans seem to be boycotting the game. Last home game of the season, knock out rugby, on a weekend. Warrington should be selling out. That's an embarrassment.
09-22-2012, 06:05 PM
It'x already 15 minutes late out here. This Eurosports channel never tells you anything. They just play Watts World clips then, at some random point, they cut into the game.

09-22-2012, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012 06:46 PM by Derbysi.)
Shite first half. If I were Wigan, I'd pick the winner of this.

And organise travel to OT
09-22-2012, 06:53 PM
T'black'n'"whites" aren't really throwing much at them. (WTF is that colour? Blue? Grey?)

09-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Hope Wigan have the guts to pick Wire. They are not playing well enough to trouble them.
09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
(09-22-2012 09:01 PM)Derbysi Wrote:  Hope Wigan have the guts to pick Wire. They are not playing well enough to trouble them.

I'll be amazed if we do. Haven't beaten Wire all season.

TBH, there are 4 permutations for the GF and I wouldn't put money on any of them. Its wide open!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)